Were you accepted into the RP, but have no idea how Plurk works? Not to worry! This post is available as a quick guide to get you familiar with Plurk.
1. Head on over to www.plurk.com
2. Click the green button on the right that says, "Sign Up For Free"
3. Fill out the form. Your Nickname must be something relevant to your character (StarsAndStripes for America, for example). Fill out the remainder of the form as your character. (So, your first and last names must be your character's names, and the gender must be the gender of your character.)
4. Validate your account.
5. Click on My Profile at the very top bar.
6. Change your Plurk display name to the name of your character, then click Save Profile Changes. (First name only, because the full name doesn't fit.)
7. Click on My Profile again, but this time, go to the Picture tab. Upload a picture of your character to use as your avatar of sorts, press Upload picture, then click Save Profile Changes.
8. The colors of your Plurk site look ugly, right? You can change it easily by mixing up some of the patterns they have, or by going to the recommended sites that they list and looking for a new layout. Go to My Profile again, and head on over to the Customize profile tab. Play around with the colors and patterns, until you're satisfied with it, or use something like http://plurk-layout.com/layout-generator
to make a custom layout.
9. Click on My Account (upper right hand corner) if you want to change how often Plurk emails you, or if you want to change your privacy settings.
You're done customizing your plurk site! Now, here's how to actually use it.
*When people add you as a friend (which is mandatory amongst members of Hetalia Daily), you'll see a number in the top strip next to Alerts, highlighted in red. Click it, and accept the member as a friend. This will allow you to see one another's Plurks, comment on it, etc.
*As you can see, the posting layout of Plurk is very much like Facebook. Click the 'is' box right next to your display name, which will display a long list of words. Look at the very top, and click ": (freestyle)". Then, write an action that your character does in the white box, and press Plurk. You'll see your post appear in the timeline.
*If you see another character's plurk and want to RP with them in that particular setting, simply click on their plurk bubble. It will expand to form a little box. Again, click "says" and change it to ":(freestyle)", and begin RPing! (Most people start their sentences with their character's name, since it's already there. For example, if you just type "likes cheese", the plurk will end up showing "Arthur likes cheese" once you press enter.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here!